New York, DC, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Louisiana and Texas
Register Today: www.abetteryou.info
UnitedHealthcare will host A Better You, a health and wellness educational event, to help African Americans approaching retirement and other Medicare beneficiaries learn more about Medicare and their health care coverage options.
○ For the first time, UnitedHealthcare will host A Better You online to continue helping African Americans safely access the resources and information they need to make informed health care coverage decisions leading up to the Medicare Annual Enrollment Period Oct. 15 through Dec. 7.
○ A Better You encourages people to embrace aging with vitality and to plan for continued healthy living.
○ The online event will take place Thursday, October 8th @ 11:00am, Saturday, October 10th @ 10:00am
■ It is open to the public and there is no cost to attend. For more information or to register, visit http://ABetteryou.info/.
○ The online event is supported by AARP® Medicare Supplement Insurance Plans, insured by UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company.
● A Better You will feature renowned keynote speakers and musical performances to engage and motivate participants in an entertaining and inspiring celebration of health.
○ For the fifth consecutive year, 84-year-old record-breaking bodybuilder Ernestine Shepherd partners with A Better You to speak to the benefits of staying fit and creating healthy habits, as well as walking virtual attendees through her daily routine.
○ Virtual attendees will also hear from Yohnnie Shambourger, former Mr. Universe and Ernestine’s personal trainer, who will share nutrition tips and will walk Ernestine through a series of exercises.
○ Rita Tolbert from UnitedHealthcare will guide participants through the Medicare portion – including the different parts of the program, eligibility requirements, and enrollment windows – to help them make informed health care coverage decisions.
● Virtual attendees will also learn about the basics of Medicare – including the different parts of the program, eligibility requirements, and enrollment windows – to help them make informed health care coverage decisions.
● UnitedHealthcare is proud to continue to support African Americans approaching retirement by expanding the A Better You program to include online events.
○ UnitedHealthcare is making every effort to protect the health of their community while still enabling access to culturally relevant services and programs.